Who We Are
At The Spruce, we offer practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you make your best home. From decorating and gardening advice, to entertaining and home repair how-tos, The Spruce can show you how. We help more than 44 million users each month find the information they need to retile their bathroom, update their decor, grow their garden, or simply tackle a to-do list. Our 20-year-strong library of more than 14,000 pieces of content helps you spruce up your space, spruce up your yard, and spruce up your home. The Spruce is part of The Spruce family of sites, including The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets and The Spruce Crafts, covering home decor, home repair, recipes, cooking techniques, pets, and crafts. The Spruce brand is one of the top 3 largest lifestyle properties online according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company. Our 45+ expert writers—including professional contractors, landscapers, chefs, cookbook authors, registered vet technicians, and well known crafting bloggers—have extensive backgrounds and expertise in their topics. We are also wholly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2020 Digiday Media Awards, Winner, Best User Experience
- 2020 Folio: Eddie and Ozzie Awards, Honorable Mention, Video
- 2019 Communicator Award, Winner, User Experience
- 2019 Telly Award, The Spruce x Lowe’s Clever Kitchen Hacks Campaign (Campaign: B2C – Bronze, Single: How-to/DIY – Silver, Single: B2C – Silver)
- 2019 Folio: Eddie and Ozzie Awards, Finalist, Instructional/How-to
- 2019 W3 Award, Winner, Lifestyle Website
- 2018 Communicator Award, Winner, General Lifestyle
- 2018 W3 Award, Silver Winner, Website Features, Visual Appeal – Experience
- 2018 Davey Award, Silver Winner, Websites-Lifestyle
We know that finding trustworthy advice online can be difficult—the internet is full of misinformation or personal opinion masquerading as fact. To make caring for your home and garden easier, we launched The Spruce Gardening and Plant Care Review Board and The Spruce Home Improvement Board, comprised of licensed and certified field experts. Our goal is to provide you with well-researched, fact-checked information so you can keep your home and garden in its best possible shape.
The Review Process
You may notice a badge appearing in some of our content. The badge signifies that a board member has reviewed and edited the article, taking special care to confirm that the information presented is both accurate and up-to-date. Click the links below to learn more about our process.